Simply striking and strikingly simple. Recipes, crafts, home decor and general life hacks that are easy yet impressive.
If you have long hair and want to maintain your layers or give yourself layers, this is a simple quick trick to give yourself a haircut and save $$$ at the salon. This technique is fail proof. However here’s a few tips to ensure you get the look you want.
1) If you want longer layers around the face, comb those pieces away and do not include in the pony tail. If you wish to have soft layers framing your face, include all your hair into the pony.
2) A little goes a long way. Snipping off 1 inch may be all you need to get the results you want. So I caution you about hacking off a large amount off the bat. I would suggest you snip off 1/2 to 1 inch, untie the pony to check the results. If you want to cut off more, just repeat the process.
Things you will need:
2 hair elastics
1 pair of hair sheers
Garbage can or receptacle to catch the cuttings
1) Wet your hair so that it is damp and easier to control
5) Using the second elastic, tie it tightly mid-way down the pony and gently slide the elastic until it is as the spot where you want to trim your hair. This second elastic is the marker for your scissors. If hair falls out from the pony because it is shorter, that is fine, you won’t be needing to cut those strands anyways.
6) Holding on securely to the second elastic, hold the ends over the garbage can and start cutting the ends above the elastic.
7) Remove 1st ponytail and brush out your hair.